Garlic is a plant from the onion family. It has many segments called cloves. There are approx. 15-22 cloves in a single piece.
Health benefits of garlic
- It is high in nutrients and low in calories.
- It prevents the common cold and flu and boosts the internal system.
- It reduces high blood pressure, prevents strokes, heart attacks, and hypertension.
- It also reduces the bad cholesterol level and increases the body’s good cholesterol level, thus preventing heart diseases.
- It is also an antioxidant and prevents aging, Alzheimer’s disease, and dementia.
- It helps our liver and prevents liver disease death, especially in people with inadequate immune systems.
- It helps boost metabolism, exercise performance, reduce fatigue, and enhance work capacity.
- It prevents our body from heavy metals that reach our system while eating and detoxifies them.
- It improves the health of bones and keeps them strong and healthy.
One clove weighs approx. 3 grams
- Manganese: 2%
- Vitamin C: 1%
- Fiber: 0.06 grams
- Vitamin B6: 2%
- Selenium: 1%
- Calories: 4.5
- Protein: 0.2 gram
- Carbs: 1 gram
- Enough amount of calcium, potassium, phosphorous, iron, and vitamin B1.
- It is used as a flavor or seasoning.
- It is used for medicinal purposes both in raw and cooked form.
- It is also used as butter, oil, bread toast, crostini, bruschetta, and canapé.
- The powder can also be manufactured out of garlic.
- While cooking, garlic is used in vegetables, fish sauce, meats, pasta, sausage, soups, shwarma, tahini, and bread.
- It is used to cure atherosclerosis, hypertension, high cholesterol, coronary heart disease, and heart attack.
- It reduces the anti-inflammatory effects of rough products in the body.
- You can also make its pickle.
- It prevents colon cancer, breast cancer, stomach cancer, lung cancer, and rectal cancer.
- It causes bad breath.
- It can cause a pungent smell of sweat.
- It can cause allergies.
- Consumption in higher quantities can cause diarrhea, throat ulcerations, breathing difficulties, irritable bowel, mouth ulcerations, etc.
- It can also cause diallyl disulfide, allicin, allyl propyl disulfide, anaphylaxis, and allyl mercaptan in rare cases.
- Its long-term usage can cause dizziness, gastrointestinal discomfort, bleeding, sweating, allergic reactions, and menstrual irregularities.
- It also reacts with other antibiotics in the body and can cause allergy.
Frequently asked questions
What’s the healthiest way to eat garlic?
There are many ways you can add It to your diet to give you positive health benefits. Include it with your every meal to make it healthier and tastier.
- Consume it raw when you are empty to reduce your cholesterol level.
- You can make its tea with less sugar. It boosts immunity and is easy to make.
Does garlic help sexually?
Yes. It does help in sex drive. Allicin is present in it increases blood flow to the sex organs in both males and females.
Can I eat raw garlic at night?
There is no harm in eating this at night. It is rich in zinc and allicin that relaxes the muscles and promotes sleep.
How much garlic can we eat on an empty stomach?
Eating two garlic empty stomach will be enough to give the body health benefits.
Can we drink water after eating garlic?
Yes. When these two gets mixed in our body, it detoxifies the body.
Does garlic burn belly fat?
It helps in reducing belly fat and promotes weight loss. But you cannot wholly depend on it only for reducing weight.
Is garlic terrible for your brain?
It does affect concentration and mental acuity. It can also give us trouble by causing heartburn, diarrhea, or allergies.
What does garlic do to your hair?
It kills bacteria that cause damage to the scalps, boosts collagen responsible for hair growth, and is rich in vitamin C that keeps our hair healthy.
Is garlic good for the skin?
It prevents acne, reduces inflammation, improves blood flow, reduces swelling, and keeps our skin fresh.
Is garlic anti-aging?
It does prevent cerebral aging, cataract formation, arthritis, boosts the immune system, and prevents pre-mature aging.
Does garlic remove dark spots?
When applied to dark spots, its juice mixed juice of onion reduces dark spots and tanning.
What happens if I put garlic on my face?
It can cause rashes and redness if applied for a more extended period. It can also cause skin allergies. Test its effects on a patch of skin to see the products before using it to your face.
How long does a garlic burn take to heal?
Burns caused by it can take up-to two weeks to heal.